Bulletin of the Israel Exploration Society

 

Bulletin of the Jewish Palestine Exploration Society

(Bulletin of the Israel Exploration Society)

 

The Hebrew-language Bulletin of the Jewish Palestine Exploration Society, (from Vol. 16 on: the Bulletin of the Israel Exploration Society), appeared from 1933 to 1967, when it was replaced by the journal Qadmoniot. The initial aim was to publicize the activities of the Jewish Palestine Exploration Society, long the only Jewish institution involved in the study of the archaeology, geography, and natural history of the Land of Israel. The journal’s first editors were Benjamin Mazar and Shmuel Yeivin. In its early years it published reports of excavations conducted by the Society, as well as studies on geography, climate, vegetation, etc. Articles dealing with historical geography, identifications of biblical sites appear, along with summaries of lectures about archaeology presented around the country and information on the activities of foreign archaeological missions. All 31 volumes are accessible on-line at no cost to the user. While the articles are all in Hebrew, detailed English summaries of each article are included.

http://www.dlir.org/browse-e-journals.html